Our Music Curriculum will:
- Enable children to develop as musicians discretely and holistically.
- Provide a vibrant music experience for all children.
- Children will gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, analysing, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres.
- Curiosity for the subject will be developed, as well as an understanding and acceptance of the validity and importance of all types of music.
- Gain enjoyment, self-confidence and a sense of achievement through musical activities
- Acquire musical skills and understanding of musical concepts through active listening then performing and composing
- Develop children’s capacity to express ideas and feelings through the medium of sound.
- Inspire creative excellence to enable children to develop as musicians.