What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG), which is additional to main school funding, is provided to support the learning of pupils who:
- are eligible for free school meals (FSM) now
- have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years (Ever6)
- are or have been looked after in the past 3 years (CLA)
- are children of parents currently working in the armed forces (SERVICE).
Schools can decide how the pupil premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils.
At Chestnut Park, our Pupil Premium funding is spent by contributing towards various learning opportunities and initiatives within the school that could include
- additional staffing to lead evidence based interventions to close gaps in learning.
- contributions to school trips, school camp and educational visits;
- additional educational support through small groups or on an individual basis.
- initiatives to support pupil attendance
- resources to support curriculum access and pupil engagement.
The school leadership team and the Governing Body monitor the impact of all spending and interventions, including the pupil premium.